Friday, February 11, 2011

For the fellas- wait, no, the ladies! It's for the ladies!

Hey peeps.
What up?
Rhetorical question, I don't really care.
Anywho.
I've been slacking real real bad. I was supposed to keep you all kinds of updated on my weight loss venture. So, commence first update, roughly 3 weeks late.

Insanity started Jan 3. with my initial inputs being:
Weight - 198
BMI - 30.1
Body Fat % - 30.1

There was also fitness test results, that are boring and I'm not going to repeat here. Also, posted some before pictures on Tumblr. Shield your eyes.

On the 17th I had another fit test and was down to 193.4.
I did good on the fit test, improved at least 20% on all my moves, some as much as 100%.

However, things started going a little down hill. I've been having trouble keeping up with Insanity. Don't get me wrong, I've been eating way healthier, following the nutrition guide very closely. I'm just not used to working out so much and it's been hard to do Insanity 6 days a week. So yeah, I've missed some days.

Second confession: Drinking and Insanity don't go well together. Obviously. Had a friends birthday, and then the Superbowl. The Superbowl was actually the day before I was supposed to do my most recent fit test...so that was bad. I ended up still doing it a day late and I didn't perform well. I Did the first 4/8 and improved, the 5th I reached the same, and then sort of collapsed...and then puked a little. For real.

So I didn't finish the other three moves, because it was at least 15 or so minutes before I was capable of doing so and so those numbers wouldn't be accurate. I'm supposed to only have 1 minute in between. I threw it down as a DNF and felt terrible.

At this point I decided that I'm not drinking again until Insanity is over. The other numbers aren't so bad:
Weight after 34 days - 188.8
BMI 28.7
Body Fat % 30.8 (This is higher. We are using some calculator thing online, but the F-bomb says that the accurate way to do it is with some machine or something. So I'm not concerning myself with it too much.)

So I'm down. Which is good. Here are the before/afters that my graphic designer (F-bomb) put together for comparison. I'll post all of them on Tumblr if you're some sort of pervert that's into that kind of thing.



Obviously I've still got a long way to go. But at least under your watchful eyes I will feel horribly ashamed whenever I slip up.
So, thanks...I guess.

4 comments:

  1. Actually, aside from the blinding whiteness of you, this is excellent progress! I really don't want to look twice (I'm married, after all), but I'd say you're off to a rockin' start.

    Some inspirational info (or not). I spent a large part of my adult life as a fatso. I think it's fair to say I'm officially not a fatso anymore. I hope I stay that way. I've done every diet ever, and most workout plans. Most recently, P90X. Kicked my ass in the best possible way. But the thing that keeps me thin is regualr activity of any kind and not buying crap food. As a rule I don't buy chips, candy, cookies, cakes, etc. I do try to add a fruit or veg to everything I eat. Yogurt? Add berries. Rice, pasta? Add some spinach or beans or whatever. Also, whole grains almost exclusively and two fruit/veg servings at every meal. I believe that this is the stuff that kind of counteracts the donuts and ice cream and girl scout cookies. I eat all of those thing---outside of the house. I just try not to bring it home. And I eat that stuff usually once a week. Again, I firmly believe the fruit and veg and whole grains act like snack and dessert erasers. The workouts, too.

    Anyhoo, you can do it. I did. My details? At my heaviest (I'm 5'1") I was 175. Gigantic! I'm usually 118 these days (5 pound variance). I'm, and I say this without ego, a skinny person now. It's nice on this side of the scale. Join me. But not 118, that would be sick. And, please go into the sunlight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THERE IS A WAY TO COUNTERACT DONUTS AND ICE CREAM????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drinking and Insanity definitly dont go well together. Just like being straight doesnt go well with Hip Hop abs. DONT MAKE MY MISTAKES!

    Kepp it up. Shaun T would be proud. Right up until he found out you most likely pirated the program...then things will get awkward.

    Shaun T 4 Life.

    Kane AKA Insanity pioneer and Step Brother motivator.

    ReplyDelete