Sunday, August 29, 2010

"WHAT!? I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF MY OWN DORKINESS."

Tonight, at work, which is a movie theatre, this little showdown occurred between a guest* and myself;

Blonde Lady: "Hey handsome**, I was wondering which new movies came out this weekend?"

Me: "Well, our new movies open on Friday, so yesterday what came out was The Last Exorcism, and Takers. Also the special edition of Avatar, but that isn't technically new. I mean, 9 minutes of it are, but the rest isn't. Regardless, you probably saw it already, it was pretty much the biggest movie ever. No big deal. You should go see it again though for the extra 9 minutes. Did you see it in 3D?"

Blonde Lady: "Umm. Right. So which one of those two new movies is good?"

Me: : "I actually haven't seen either one, but that doesn't really matter. I can still tell you that they will both be horrible. I mean, The Last Exorcism, is a supposedly scary movie about an exorcism, and they try to get it all hyped up by throwing Eli Roth's name on there as a producer. But when it comes down to it they made it a 14A rating, how scary can a movie be if it didn't even get an 18A, you know? They just do that for money too, because a 14A film brings in the teenagers and that's where so much of the money is. Yeah, and Takers? Don't even get me started on that piece of junk! I mean, it's basically the movie Heat, except without any of the good things from Heat. They replace Al Pacino, Val Kilmer, and Robert DeNiro with Paul Walker, T.I., and Hayden 'Mannequin Skywalker' Christensen. It also has Chris Brown, and I think that alone is reason enough to never go see it. Plus the poster is terrible, that is the worst photoshop job I've seen in a long time."

Blonde Lady: "Uhh....so what is that second one about then?"

Me: "Bank Robbers."

Blonde Lady: "Oh, ok, I'll go to that one."

Don't you dare go see either of these films.
We won't be friends anymore.
For serious,
I'll kick you right off this blog.
...
I probably won't.
But still, save yourself the heartache and go see something good instead.
Also, here is that poster for Takers.

They look like Bobble Heads.
Bobble Heads would be able to portray more realistic emotions on film though.
*This is what employees of my particular movie theatre are required to refer to customers as. It's silly. Nobody would be offended if we referred to them as a customer.
**To the best of my recollection this is exactly what she said.

1 comment: